Atla Research Tools Toolkit
We have recently updated our brand identity. The new look of Atla aligns better with the work we do to promote worldwide scholarly communication in religion and theology by advancing the work of libraries and related information providers.
The new brand identity launched in March 2019.Read
The rebrand includes several noteworthy changes, including an adjustment to the organization’s name, a completely redesigned logo, logos for our individual products, and an updated website. By transforming our name from the acronym ATLA to the word Atla, our organization is both honoring what has been and preparing for what is to come.
We encourage our member libraries and libraries and institutions who use our Atla Research Tools to update your website and promotional materials. If your webpage links to the Atla website, please check for any broken links and update them accordingly.
How to Refer to Our Tools
When referencing the research tools in copy, please use the following naming standards.
- When writing about trademarked Atla products, programs, or projects, use a registered trademark in the first instance of the page or document and do not repeat again after the first instance. Atla registered trademarks are: Atla Religion Database® (Atla RDB®), AtlaSerials® (Atlas®), AtlaSerials PLUS® (Atlas PLUS®), Research in Ministry® (RIM®).
- If the first instance of the product name is in a heading, use a registered trademark on the next non-heading mention of the product.
- Spell out the full name of the product in the first instance of the page or document with the shortened name in parentheses. Use a shortened name for the remainder. The exception is Atla Religion Database, the first occurrence should include both full name and shortened name in parenthesis, subsequent mentions should use just the full name.
- Italicize names, but do not italicize registered trademark or parentheses, for example, Atla Serials®(Atlas®). The exception is Atla Historical Digital Archives where the parenthetical dates are part of the product name and should be italicized. Alum versions of products the “for Alum” should be italicized, for example, AtlaSerials® (Atlas®) for Alum.
- Do not use “the” in front of the names.
We encourage you to use these logos on your websites and other materials you use to promote your library’s resources. Clicking on the image will take you to a Folder that has the JPG, PNG, and EPS files. By downloading the logos, you agree that you will adhere to the Atla logo use rules.
Atla Religion Database®
Atla Religion Database for Alum
Atlas for Alum
Atlas PLUS for Alum
View the Alum Toolkit to download and customize promotional materials.
Read more about the logo use rules & best practices.