Presenters’ Guide — Atla Annual 2023
We are excited to have you present at Atla Annual 2023. This guide will help you prepare for your conference session.
All concurrent sessions will be presented to a hybrid audience, regardless of presenter location.
Saturday workshops will be held in-person only, and are neither recorded nor livestreamed.
If you will be presenting online, the experience will be identical to presenting online at a Zoom meeting.
If you are presenting in-person, please note you will be using the laptop already set up in the conference room. It will not be possible to switch that computer with your own.
This guide was last updated: May 24, 2023
Before Your Session
We encourage you to use the Atla Annual 2023 PowerPoint Template. Download the file here.
If you use your own design, please be sure the minimum font size used is 24 pt. Anything smaller will be difficult for in-person attendees to read.
Upload Files to Sched
Your files are needed for staff to prepare the conference room computer and ensure everything is set up and ready ahead of time. Attendees will also be able to download the resources you share.
Upload your slides or other resources for your session in Sched no later than Friday, June 9. Here is a helpful guide to show you how to upload your files. Contact us if you have trouble with the process.
In-person Presenters: If your presentation is not ready to upload by this date, please be sure to bring the files with you on a USB Flash Drive. Upload as soon as you are able.
Online presenters: Uploading your slides will allow staff to be able to display your slides to in-person and online audiences in the event of technical difficulties.
Add Your Session to Your Sched List
If presenting online, you will need to add your session to your Sched account so that you have access to the Zoom room link.
On the Day of Your Session
We will be using Zoom Meetings for the online component of the conference.
A Producer and Host will be in your session the entire time to facilitate the hybrid conference experience. The Producer will make sure your audio, video, and slides are working and will troubleshoot technical issues. The Host will introduce you and facilitate Q&A.
All sessions are being recorded and comments made in the chat log will be saved. Recordings will only be made available to attendees if all presenters per session have agreed to do so.
Online Presenter Instructions
- Click the Zoom link to your session in Sched 10 minutes before your session begins. Please be patient, especially if your session involves both in-person and online presenters. The Producer will be setting up the Zoom session in the hotel conference room and there may be a delay in your admittance.
- The Producer will let you into the meeting from the Waiting Room when everything is ready. They will ensure everything is working well and will begin letting attendees join the Zoom session.
- The Host will introduce you, your session title, and any co-presenters.
- If you have technical difficulties during your session, the Producer will help you.
- During Q&A, the Host will help you identify when attendees in the in-person audience have questions. They will also point out questions from the online audience, but you may want to keep an eye on the chat for questions that come from the online audience as well.
- At the end of your time, the Producer will close the session.
- Please have your video camera on while presenting, if possible. You will appear to the in-person attendees like this:
In-Person Presenter Instructions
- Enter your assigned conference room 10 minutes prior to the beginning of your scheduled session to meet with the Host and Producer.
- Check that your presentation is set up on the computer correctly and is ready for you.
- The Zoom meeting will already be active, and your slides will be shared on the projector as well as to the Zoom meeting. Do not change the display or Zoom settings.
- The Host will briefly introduce you, your session title, and any co-presenters.
- Present to the room as you normally would to an in-person audience.
- During the Q&A period, you may field questions from the in-person audience, and the Producer or Host will raise their hand to ask questions from the online audience.
- Let the Producer handle the computer. Please do not log out of Zoom or change any of the settings.
Submit to the 2023 Atla Summary of Proceedings and Annual Yearbook by July 15
Atla Annual 2023 PowerPoint Template (click to download)
Top 5 Tips For Creating Slides (video)
Anything We Missed?
We tried to anticipate most of your questions, but we may have missed some. Let us know what we missed and we’ll add it to this page.