- Member Projects & Programs
- Professional Development
- Resources for Librarianship
- Groups & Discussion Lists
The Committee on Cataloging: Description and Access (CC:DA) is the body within the American Library Association responsible for developing official ALA positions on additions to and revisions to RDA: Resource Description and Access.
The Committee consists of nine voting members (including the Chair), two interns, five ex-officio representatives, and approximately thirty non-voting liaisons from ALA units and from non-ALA organizations with an interest in issues of descriptive cataloging.
Atla is represented by a non-voting liaison.
This liaison is responsible to represent various cataloging communities by:
- keeping the members of those communities informed of activities relating to descriptive cataloging;
- consulting members of those communities on relevant issues that come before CC:DA;
- contributing their knowledge and opinions, as well as the knowledge and opinions of the communities they represent to CC:DA discussions; and
- participating on CC:DA Task Forces.
Reports from the CC:DA Liaison can be found in the Theology Cataloging Bulletin (TCB).
- Donna Wells