Electronic Resources Librarian
The University of Mary Hardin Baylor seeks qualified candidates for an Electronic Resources Librarian. This is a year-round, non-tenure track faculty position with initial appointment at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, commensurate with experience. UMHB seeks faculty who are active Christians and dedicated teacher-scholars to prepare students for leadership, service, and faith-informed discernment in a global society.
Reporting to the Associate Dean and Director of Learning Resources, the Electronic Resources Librarian is primarily responsible for evaluating, selecting, and implementing the library’s electronic resources.
UMHB is conveniently located in Belton, an historic town of 22,000 in the heart of central Texas. Nearby cities are Temple (5 miles), Waco (45 miles), Austin (65 miles), San Antonio (130 miles) and Dallas/Ft. Worth (130 miles). Excellent schools, abundant cultural and recreational opportunities, and a high quality of life are hallmarks of the local community.
Librarians are members of the UMHB faculty and are expected to demonstrate continuous professional development in addition to performing their specific responsibilities. This expectation includes participating in and contributing to departmental, library and campus-wide committees/working groups and maintaining a broad awareness of current and emerging issues that impact research, teaching and learning, as well as service to the university and the community.
The Electronic Resources Librarian is primarily responsible for evaluating, selecting and implementing the library’s electronic resources. Specific duties will include:
• Providing technical support for all electronic resources including databases, eJournals and eBooks.
• Interfacing with vendors and publishers to resolve access, licensing, technical issues
• Setting up trials and requesting quotes, reviewing license agreements
• Collecting and analyzing usage statistics
• Setting up web access management (identity management by proxy) for all electronic subscriptions in the Integrated Library System (Innovative Interfaces)
• Managing and updating content on the library website and electronic resources platform CONTENTdm
• Proposing new technology and tools to enhance the library’s effectiveness
• Serve as librarian liaison to assigned departments
• Participate in collection development in assigned areas.
• Participate in bibliographic instruction (as needed) within the library
• Participate in university committees, activities, and initiatives
• Participate in professional development activities to remain informed of current and emerging library trends, services, and products.
• Reviewing learning resources for the UMHB MyWay (self-paced online courses) program to determine appropriate use of OER, licensed, and copyrighted materials.
• An MLIS or MLS from an ALA-accredited program.
• Thorough understanding of traditional, current & emerging electronic and print resources and technologies. Working knowledge of HTML and web-page design, preferred.
• Appreciation for and ability to deal positively and sensitively with a variety of patrons.
• Knowledge of information literacy standards and current industry trends.
• Working understanding of instructional design and technologies preferred.
• Membership in relevant professional library organizations is expected.
• Excellent teaching and communication skills, a dedication to professional attainment, and commitment to quality improvement are essential.
• Must be an active and committed Christian.
Salaries & Benefits: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and UMHB tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
Visit www.umhb.edu/careers for more details and to apply. Please submit a cover letter, CV, and transcript copies with your online application. Your letter of interest should also respond to UMHB’s mission and values, found at http://about.umhb.edu/our-mission. In addition, include in one page or less, a description of your own Christian beliefs and commitments. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.