Technical Systems & E-Resources Librarian
Texas Lutheran University invites applications for a full-time Technical Systems and E-Resources Librarian.
This position reports directly to the University Librarian and is responsible for all technical systems of the library and its services including computer interfaces; system administration; e-resource management; technical services, consisting of cataloging and upkeep of the library’s database and catalog; and the library’s website & component parts.
- Manages various aspects of acquisition and implementation of new electronic resources, including ordering and invoicing, licensing, payment, and trials utilizing the Alma / Primo Ex Libris Integrated Library System (ILS).
- Maintenance of library catalog and interfaces to cataloging utility; and assist in the implementation of social media.
- Liaises with the Librarians regarding all aspects of electronic resources and addresses Faculty requests for new resources, renewals, or cancellations.
- Regularly gathers usage statistics and prepares reports necessary for continuous assessing existing electronic resources subscriptions, such as content overlap and cost-per-use reports.
- Troubleshoots electronic resources access issues and works with relevant partners towards resolution.
- Organize and assist in the maintenance of the university’s intranet (portal).
- Develop and maintain the library’s web pages and interfaces to online databases.
- Act as the primary liaison to general university technology initiatives.
- Organize, develop and coordinate the technical services unit of the library.
- Supervise the work of the cataloging technical assistant entering print and non-print materials on the OCLC system.
- Prepare original cataloging as required using LC classifications; responsible for all aspects of bulk-importing catalog records for electronic resources.
- Assist university colleagues in developing plans, policies and procedures for library services.
- Engages in professional development activities to stay informed about new services and products relevant to the library.
- Masters of Library Science, Master of Science in Library Information Science, or comparable degree conferred by an A.L.A. accredited institution.
- Three years minimum experience working in acquisitions and electronic resources.
- Experience negotiating contracts for new and renewed electronic resources.
- Experience with Ex Libris systems: Alma, Primo.
- Experience cataloging.
- Knowledge of MARC format and basic cataloging.
- Experience (minimum 3 years) in academic libraries, preferred.
- Skilled in excellent customer service and interpersonal relationships with diverse populations, including strong listening, verbal, and written communication.
- Understand and support the mission and strategic plan of Texas Lutheran University.
Benefits are competitive. Texas Lutheran University, an accredited university affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, is located 35 miles from downtown San Antonio. For more information about TLU, consult www.tlu.edu.
Review of applicants will begin immediately. To be considered for this position, please submit a letter of application addressing the above and your contribution to diversity, and three professional references (names, addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers). Also include your current resume.
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court Street
Seguin, Texas 78155
FAX: (830) 372-6409