TML Supervisor, Evening
Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,445 full-time undergraduates and 5,125 graduate and professional students. Ranked 35 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1.2 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.8 billion.
The TML Supervisor, Evening reports to the TML Head Librarian and oversees all Access Services operations (i.e., circulation, reserves, copy/scan services, and general stacks maintenance) in the evenings. This position, in cooperation with the TML Supervisor, Day, also hires, trains, supervises and evaluates student employees.
- Manages, participates in, and assures smooth functioning of all Access Services functions in the evenings in collaboration with the TML Supervisor, Day, hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates student employees.
- Coordinates work schedule of TML’s student workforce.
- Updates catalog records as needed.
- Works with the TML Head Librarian, the TML Supervisor, Day, and the Circulation Assistant to evaluate and set goals for Access Services at the TML.
- Together with the TML Head Librarian, the TML Supervisor, Day, and the Circulation Assistant plans, reviews, revises, and documents TML’s Access Services procedures, policies, and workflow as necessary.
- Maintains statistics and provides reports as needed.
- Liaises with BC Facilities Services staff regarding library physical plant issues.
During the regular academic year, this is a Sunday-Thursday position as follows:
Sunday: 1:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Monday through Thursday: 2:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
** Note: Hours vary during summer and university breaks. **
Full-Time Equivalent Hiring Range: $45,450 to $56,800; salary commensurate with relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Two or more years of relevant supervisory experience in an academic library.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in the use of automated circulation systems.
- General familiarity and facility with technology in a Windows environment.
Boston College Libraries operate in accordance with our Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion values statement (library.bc.edu/edi), which is central to our mission. We acknowledge historical, structural, and systemic injustices and are actively working to build a culture that recognizes, values, and empowers all people and provides space for discourse and growth. We expect applicants for this position to demonstrate a commitment to sustaining a respectful, accountable, and intentionally inclusive culture.
Please upload both a cover letter and resume when applying
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for employees.
- Tuition remission for spouses and children who meet eligibility requirements.
- Generous medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Low-cost life insurance.
- Eligibility for both university-funded 401k and employer-sponsored 403b retirement plans.
- Paid holidays annually.
- Generous sick and vacation pay.
- Additional benefits can be found at https://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts pre-employment background checks as part of the hiring process and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Boston College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. In concert with our Jesuit, Catholic mission, Boston College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications for women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed at https://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.
Apply here: https://bc.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/requisition/7316/application?c=bc&jobboardid=0#1