Reports to: Member Engagement and Education Librarian
Salary Range: $46,000 - $50,000
Atla seeks a Membership Coordinator to serve as a primary contact for members and prospective members. This is an outward-facing position, engaging at all points of the membership journey to support member satisfaction. The person in this role communicates with members through multiple mediums including email, phone and video calls, and an online community platform. This position interacts daily with members answering questions and providing information about membership, member benefits, programs, and professional development opportunities, assists with member retention and recruitment activities, and works to grow participation in member benefit programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides respectful, knowledgeable, and high-quality service to members and potential members by email, phone, and online or in-person meetings. Responds to inquiries and provides information about membership and member benefits on a timely basis.
- Coordinates activities related to membership applications and renewals. Manages processes and communications relating to reviewing applications, communicating with prospective and new members, and sending renewals. Ensures clear and accurate membership information is available and communicated appropriately via multiple channels (web, email, print, etc.)
- In collaboration with other Membership and Engagement staff, executes marketing activities to support membership renewals and recruitment, promotion of member benefits programs, and awareness of educational/professional development programs.
- Administers existing member benefit programs. Collaborates with member leaders, business partners, and other Member Programs team members to manage and promote programs. Assesses member satisfaction and implements campaigns to grow participation.
- Develops strong relationships with vendor and consortium partners to administer and grow consortium licensing programs. Manages consortium renewals including quotes, orders, and invoicing processes; coordinates with partners to market consortium offers.
- Utilizes the association management system (AMS) to document member interactions, participation in programs, invoices, campaigns, etc. Adds, updates, and regularly maintains member and prospect data. Develops reports and routinely analyzes AMS data to use in campaign development, membership analysis, etc.
- Supports online community platform by updating AMS with current, accurate data; monitors conversations for relevant information, updates records, ensures the code of conduct is upheld, and supports member engagement campaigns.
- Coordinates activities related to educational and professional development programs, including communicating registration information between programs and members, and processing invoices when applicable.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) from a four-year college or university, or two to four years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills required:
- Microsoft Office software suite or equivalent
- Association Management (AMS) or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system (SalesForce preferred)
- Online meeting systems
- File sharing software (Microsoft and Google Drive preferred)
- Survey software (SurveyMonkey preferred)
- Other skills required:
- Excellent oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute accurate and complete work products with limited supervision.
- Strong organizational skills, with strong attention to detail and timelines.
- Proven proficiency in executing outreach activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Evidence of the potential to succeed in a rapidly changing environment.
- Two to three years’ experience coordinating in a business, association, or nonprofit environment.
- Experience working in a library, cultural heritage organization, or affiliated educational, nonprofit, or professional association.
- Exposure to religious or theological higher education environment such as a theological or religious studies library, or coursework in religious studies or theology.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Full time remote, work from home position – 37.5 hour work week
- US time zones and locations only
- Typical working hours are 9am-5pm Central Monday through Friday
Position Travel Requirement
- This position will require occasional travel (<10%).
- Occasionally required to sit, walk, or stand
- Competitive Pay
- Health, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- Company Paid Long-Term, Short-Term, and Life Insurance
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible schedules
- Generous Vacation Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Paid Time Off
- Personal Paid Time Off
- Sick Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Monthly Stipend for Office Supplies
- Company provided laptop and other needed office equipment
Atla is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, age, disability, veteran, or military status, pregnancy, order of protection status, genetic information or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Atla is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact Atla’s HR Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1.872.310.4249.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, please send a letter of interest including contact information and a current resume to email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.