Use of Atla Logo & Product Naming
Logo Use Rules
Use only logo files you download from the Atla website or receive directly from Atla. Do not recreate the logo.
The logo may not be altered, modified, or obscured in any way. It must be used without disturbing or distorting its proportions or otherwise altering the impression it creates.
Background colors or patterns should never show through the logo.
The logo cannot be physically incorporated into or graphically connected to any other graphic element—it must stand on its own.
When used online, the logo must include a hyperlink without a border to https://0-www-atla-com.librarycatalog.vts.edu/.
The logo is available in two versions: one with the tagline and one without.
The logos are offered in .eps, .png, and .jpg formats. Use the .eps and .png files with printed pieces and the .jpg files for online use. Files are offered in CMYK, RGB, and grayscale. RGB colorspace should be used for screens and CMYK should be used for print.
By downloading the logos, you agree that you will adhere to the Atla logo use rules.
Atla Research Tools Names
When referencing Atla Research Tools in copy, please use the following naming standards.
- When writing about trademarked Atla products, programs, or projects, use a registered trademark in the first instance of the page or document and do not repeat again after the first instance. Atla registered trademarks are: Atla Religion Database® (Atla RDB®), AtlaSerials® (Atlas®), AtlaSerials PLUS® (Atlas PLUS®), Research in Ministry® (RIM®).
- If the first instance of the product name is in a heading, use a registered trademark on the next non-heading mention of the product.
- Spell out the full name of the product in the first instance of the page or document with the shortened name in parentheses. Use a shortened name for the remainder. The exception is Atla Religion Database, the first occurrence should include both full name and shortened name in parenthesis, subsequent mentions should use just the full name.
- Italicize names, but do not italicize registered trademark or parentheses, for example, Atla Serials® (Atlas®). The exception is Atla Historical Digital Archives where the parenthetical dates are part of the product name and should be italicized. Alum versions of products the “for Alum” should be italicized, for example, AtlaSerials® (Atlas®) for Alum.
- Do not use “the” in front of the names.
Atla has created a toolkit for subscribers and member libraries to help you promote the Research Tools on your site and in your promotional materials. View the toolkit.
Questions? Contact us